2013年9月20日星期五

Woods on penalty: I was pretty hot

Tiger Woods
LAKE FOREST, Ill. – A day later, Tiger Woods still thinks his ball oscillated but did not move.

“After seeing the video I thought the ball just oscillated, and I thought that was it,” he said Saturday after a third-round 66 at the BMW Championship. “I thought that was the end of story. But they saw otherwise.”

On Friday, Woods turned in what he thought was a second-round 70 until officials deemed that his ball moved before he played his third shot behind the first green.

BMW Championship: Articles, videos and photos

PGA Tour rules official Slugger White and Woods reviewed the incident in the scoring trailer after the round, and even then Woods was adamant that the ball oscillated but did not change position. White ruled otherwise, slapping Woods with a two-shot penalty and dropping him from five to seven shots off the lead.



Woods did not speak with the media after his second round. On Saturday, he said, “I was pretty hot. I feel like nothing happened. I felt like the ball oscillated and that was it. I played the rest of the round grinding my tail off to get myself back in the tournament, and then to go from five to seven behind, that was tough.”

It was the latest in a series of rules-related incidents this season for Woods. Most notable was the Masters, when he was assessed a two-shot penalty, not disqualified, after an incorrect drop on the 15th hole in the second round. But there were also snafus at both Abu Dhabi (embedded ball) and The Players (hazard on 14) that have marred a five-win season.

没有评论:

发表评论